March 16, 2020 – Communication on Our COVID-19 Preparedness
Complete Security Systems, Inc. is taking every precaution in an attempt to protect our employees and client’s safety, security, and health. With this in mind, below are measures and policies that we have put into place. Please stay up to date with all updates and recommended guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html. As the coronavirus continues to impact our communities, we are following guidance from the CDC, national, and local governments.
We are in the life safety business, the safety of everyone has and always will be our priority. We want to reassure you that we are singularly focused on continuity in monitoring and servicing your life safety system.
Below are some of Complete Security Systems’ on-going efforts related to the impact of COVID-19:
- Our service teams are ready to respond if you have any service needs. Our office hours will remain as normal. We will also continue to have on-call staff 24/7. We are limiting non-emergent service to both residential and commercial clients at this time.
- We are asking all team members who may be sick to stay at home.
- Additional safety and cleaning supplies, including disinfectants, have been distributed to both our technicians and office staff.
- We are requesting that our customers notify us if they feel sick, have been in contact with anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, or have traveled recently outside of the U.S. These questions are being asked prior to scheduling any service appointment and when confirming appointments.
- We ask that you follow CDC guidelines to reduce the risk factors.
Below are some on-going efforts that our central station monitoring partners are taking related to the impact of COVID-19:
- Given the life-safety nature of our business, our monitoring center has received special designation from the appropriate authorities that all of our employees have been designated as “essential employees.” Given that designation, monitoring specialists and support team are exempt from any potential government actions including in the event that the government does restrict travel in some way. In such a case, they are permitted to travel to and from work.
- Further, all non-monitoring and non-essential employees have been ordered to work remotely until further notice. This is important to limit people entering the monitoring center and also allows for increased separation between monitoring agents in our spacious facilities.
- The monitoring center has an in-house, around the clock team of cleaning staff working to keep the facilities safe and clean. Under normal circumstances, they disinfect building areas with a hospital-grade cleaning solution at least once a day. Out of an abundance of caution, they have now introduced multiple additional cleaning and disinfecting rounds by staff throughout the day. This includes disinfecting areas throughout the facilities, including but not limited to restrooms, common areas, workstations, doorknobs and other areas in our workspaces.
- Our multi-tiered emergency response plan includes load balancing among our redundant monitoring centers, over-staffing during all shifts to ensure adequate coverage, and monitoring agents who have the tools to monitor your system from anywhere.
- We have restricted all business-related travel by our employees until further notice and stopped all visitors to our monitoring centers.
- We have continued detailed employee education on hygiene and safety best-practices, and we have an extensive protocol to protect our employees and facilities if any employee believes they may have been exposed or are unwell.
- Our leadership team is holding multiple daily huddles as we continue to consult with local health officials and government contacts and take guidance from the CDC. I am very proud of our talented human resources and technology services teams who have worked tirelessly over the last few weeks to support these efforts.
Prevention, preparedness and communication are critically important as we navigate this situation. Rest assured that you can focus on the well-being of your families and customers with the knowledge that you are in good hands. We appreciate and are honored by the trust that you place in our team and our company.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here.
Complete Security Systems, Inc.